Friday, February 1, 2013

duck duck goose


I am in the process of applying for a summer job. 

Yes, I know that it is only February, but I want my summer to be meaningful. I want this summer to be about changing lives, not just getting some sun-time. 

I am applying to camps. Oh yeah, I am going to be a crazy camp counselor. I'll be one of those "adults" who gets way to excited about arts and crafts, blob tag, hikes, and water games. Even though showing excitement for multiple hours at a time is not usually my thing, I want to connect with the campers and be the 'big kid' that actually cares.

I know that when I was in elementary and middle school, the 'big kids' who took an interest in my life made the biggest impact. They are the ones who showed me that friendship has no age limit. 

I want to have those types of relationships during my summer.

How great will it be to spend an entire summer caring for others, playing games and worshiping the one who said 'let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these."

My dad always says "Kids are not the church of tomorrow, they are the church of today."

Truth.

I am also looking into an internship in the children's department of a church in the Bay Area.
 One of my favorite Bible verses is in 1 Timothy. In this letter, Paul is writing to his friend (Timothy) and is encouraging him to be bold for Christ. Timothy was much younger than Paul and was often thrown aside because of his age. Paul writes to him, "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, instead set an example for the believers"

I am young, but I will be bold. I will boast in my Lord! 
My summer will be filled with children, who are young, and who have beautiful faith.
They are welcomed by Jesus himself into the Kingdom. 

I am so excited to see where my summer takes me. I am now releasing my anxiety regarding all of these decisions to God. For I know that He has awesome stuff planned.

Let's go, Let's go!

1 comment: