Monday, February 2, 2015

you're that important


So it's my birthday week.
I guess that's kinda neat.
It's also my sister's birthday week.
That's neater. 

It's a bit of a bummer that our week started out with a loss.
It's okay, we'll be 12s forever.
Love you guys.

Since our birthdays last year, so much has happened in the lives of the Stelle girls.
Transitions, transitions, transitions. 

We've moved around a bit.
Madison moved from the harb to good ol' Cheeny to attend university.
I moved from Botswana to Mexico to continue my study.
(Side note, our family moved from the harb to Rocklin. Wooh.)

We have both done some relationship shifting, both in the friend circle and elsewhere.
It has been weird and uncomfortable for us both, but we're still kickin.

We're both figuring out what our role is in this big, scary world.
Madison has locked into the justice arena. She is passionate about freeing those in bondage.
I am still wandering around falling in love with culture and the people who make it.

We've both spent a fair amount of time being lonely.

It's okay though, because no matter what, we have each other.
Distance has become relative.
Letters are fun.
Texting is convenient.
Skype is a blessing.

It's funky though, without all of that, we would still be close to one another.
It's out hearts.
They're in sync.
We can sense when the other needs a call or an embarrassing selfie.
It's like we have ESPN or something.


Sisters.
But more.
Best friends.
But more.
Confidants.
But more.

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for you, Maddog.
Picture Zac Efron running and jumping around the golf course filled with angst.,, that's about the same level of feels that I have.
You're that important. 


Love you.

1 comment:

  1. Allllll the feels! Kayla, I miss you, homie. Do you have an address I can send letters to?!

    ReplyDelete