Wednesday, May 8, 2013

euaggelion


a walk
every day we walk
and we talk
Him first, then i
He was such a great listener
quick to encourage
and quicker to take my hand
it was me
i ruined it
it was my fault
i didn't mean to break His heart
but i did
i hurt Him
oh, how i hurt Him
now i walk
alone
in darkness
it's hard, walking in the dark
i fall down a lot
i can't see
i can't sense
but i walk
away
i'm so ashamed
my head hangs heavy
i would try to lift it
but to what?
an empty sky?
an eternity of shadows? 
i don't even know what direction i'm headed
it is impossible to tell
north from south
east from west
where is my garden?
our garden?
i stumble
as i lay mangled on the ground, i hear something
scratch, scratch, scratch
a match on a matchbox
scratch, scratch, scratch
silence
i am afraid to look up
afraid to see if it lit
courage
courage
i slowly rise
there is a flicker
it's distant, but there
is it fading?
no, moving
i look around
darkness
curious, i walk
two lights
three 
twelve
they walk, i follow
i hide my face
looking down, i notice their feet and knees
all are bruised and torn
they look just like mine
they also walked in darkness
they fell
one
one though
His knees were not bruised
they were not torn
His light was the brightest
His light was perfect
they move
their numbers grow
more see the light
more need the light
i need the light
courage
courage
i approach, head hanging
warmth
oh, how i missed warmth
i feel it on my face
beckoning me to raise my eyes
slowly
i do
light
He was handing me a light
it was Him
there was no anger in his face
just warmth
as if the light i thought was a match, was no match at all
forgiveness radiated
warmth
it was Him
He was the light
i have a light now
i see
i see so many without the light
darkness
anger
bitterness
they don't have the light, so they want to destroy it 
stomp
stomp
stomp
they take Him
i reach for His hand
i reach for His touch
He looks at me, He smiles, He nods
they dampen his light
one by one, the lights go out
i walk
my sole light flickering
i fall
darkness
we are all in darkness
Hope was dampened
it was me
i ruined it
i hurt Him
He's gone
i have separated us forever
no amount of forgiveness can fix my mistake
shaking 
the ground is shaking
i try to stand but can only make it to my knees
a rightful place
before me shines the Light
they could not keep Him
He handed me a light
and looked at me
his eyes said 
"child, there is nothing you can do... nothing that will make me love you less."
He lips said 
"walk"
i got up
and we walked
He talked, i listened
for a moment, it felt like we were back in the garden
He gave me a box of matches
"take My light to the world"
"we will walk again"
gone
He's gone
but He did not leave me alone
i look up
i smile, i nod
now,
i can start a fire
so i walk. 








1 comment: